Staying up to date with current market trends is key for any successful business, including dental practices. If your practice offers dental implants, you should be aware of the insightful statistics below from the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. We've also included an infographic to make it easy for you to share these statistics with your network.
We'll continue to update this list with new statistics over time. Check back to see the latest insights about the dental implant market.
Table of Contents
Dental Implants Facts and Figures
Staying on top of the most important industry statistics is important. We've collected the top facts and figures about dental implants below.
- More than 35 million Americans are missing all their teeth in one or both jaws according to prosthodontists
- 15 million people in the U.S. have crown and bridge replacements for missing teeth
- 3 million have implants and that number is growing by 500,000 a year
- 10 percent of all US dentists place implants but that is increasing
- The estimated US and European market for dental implants is expected to reach $4.2 billion by 2022
- The success rate of dental implants has been reported in scientific literature as 98 percent
- Implants performed by US dentists: 5,505,720 (2006)
- Implants performed by US general dentists: 3,103,930 (2006)
- The global prosthetic supplies market is projected to reach $4 billion by 2018
- The dental implant and prosthetic market in the U.S is projected to reach $6.4 billion by 2018
Source: American Academy of Implant Dentistry
Dental Implants Facts and Figures Infographic
Do you want to share these statistics with your network? We've created the easy-to-share, visually appealing infographic below.