In response to Covid-19, Simplifeye has recently launched their teledentistry platform, Simplifeye Connect, to help understaffed practices efficiently conduct virtual appointments. Simplifeye Connect is currently used in over 1,000 locations by more than 1,700 dentists nationwide. Simplifeye is currently offering a 60-day risk-free trial for their entire suite of products, including 24/7 live webchat.
Table of Contents
- What is Simplifeye Connect?
- How Does Simplifeye Connect Work?
- What Services Can I Provide Using Simplifeye Connect?
- Success Using Simplifeye Connect
- How Can I Get Started Today?
What is Simplifeye Connect?
Simplifeye Connect is a HIPAA-compliant video conferencing tool that allows dentists to conduct virtual appointments with patients. It is an effective tool for a variety of tasks conducted remotely including patient triage, problem-focused evaluations, and post-operative appointments.
Simplifeye Connect integrates seamlessly with the company’s webchat service, Amplify. As a result, you can use the Simplifeye platform to manage the patient experience end-to-end from first contact to appointment.
How Does Simplifeye Connect Work?
Simplifeye provides a seamless patient experience and simple user work flow. Below, we share how the Simplifeye platform can be used to manage the patient relationship from initial contact to virtual appointment. The patient experience begins with Simplifeye Amplify’s webchat services, and is completed with a Simplifeye Connect teledentistry appointment.
Simplifeye Amplify: Virtual Front Desk
The process begins when a patient visits your website. The Simplifeye team that manages your webchat tool proactively engages the patient to understand their needs. They serve as your virtual front-desk staff that is available 24/7. When a new patient visits your site, the Simplifeye chat team will:
- Understand the patient’s needs
- Determine if the patient can be treated through teledentistry or should be treated in person
- Acquire necessary information including phone number, email, and insurance details.
- Send patients a unique link to a virtual patient waiting room
- Send you a text, email, and desktop notification that the patient is ready to be seen
Simplifeye Connect: HIPAA-compliant Video Conferencing
After you accept your patient’s request to meet with you, the Simplifeye Connect platform begins your teledentistry appointment. Appointments can be conducted on desktop and mobile. During the virtual appointment, you can use Simplifeye Connect to:
- Capture photos
- Share screens
- Transfer files
- Send & receive signed forms
- Take notes
All recorded information is automatically sent to your Simplifeye dashboard. You can tag staff members in important notes and documents, so they can follow-up after the appointment.
What Services Can I Provide Using Simplifeye Connect?
The primary use case for Simplifeye Connect is to triage patients and conduct problem-focused evaluations in order to remotely assess patients needing urgent or emergency care. You can also use Simplifeye Connect to conduct post-operative appointments.
Additionally, Dr. Hungate has noticed a variety of creative ways practices have been using Simplifeye Connect including:
- Non-emergency ortho consultations: Assist patients with aligner issues and poking wires.
- Smoking cessation counseling: This can be done in large groups, as Simplifeye allows for group conferencing.
- Oral health education: Practices have been teaching proper oral care classes for kids.
Insurance companies can be billed for all of the services above. Simplifeye created a useful resource covering all the necessary telecodes and relevant insurance information.
Success Using Simplifeye Connect
Mitten Kids Dentistry, a Michigan-based practice specializing in pediatric dentistry, has been highly successful using Simplifeye Connect. Between their two locations, this practice is conducting 30-40 teledentistry appointments per week, and billing $70-90 dollars per appointment. Insurance companies have been covering the majority of these costs, and the patients have been paying the difference.
Prior to using Simplifeye Connect, staff at Mitten Kids Dentistry were fielding 30-40 voicemails a week, and had to contact each patient over the phone to assess their urgency. This was a tedious and time-consuming task that did not net Mitten Kids Dentistry any monetary benefit. Now these patients can be seen in virtual appointments, which are billable.
To generate more virtual appointments, Mitten Kids Dentistry has added a banner at the top of their website that advertises their teledentistry services. This ensures that all website visitors are aware of the option to schedule virtual appointments.
How Can I Get Started Today?
Simplifeye is offering a 60-day risk-free trial for their product. It takes about 24-48 hours from sign up to Simplifeye being live on your website. Here’s the steps to get started:
- Create your account with no credit card required
- Schedule a 10-15 minute training period with the Simplifeye team
- Fill out a survey that covers pertinent information including the insurance you accept and your practice hours
- Receive software code from Simplifeye that you add to your website to launch the web chat tool
To learn more, check out our in-depth analysis of Simplifeye.