Clubhouse, the audio-only social media app, recently raised $100 million of venture funding in a round that valued the 10-month-old business at $1 billion. Its previous round valued the business at $100 million before the company had a public website.
How does the Clubhouse's performance justify the $1 billion valuation? How popular has the social media application become?
The most important Clubhouse statistics are listed below. In addition, you'll find an introduction to the application, and actual images of the product.
Table of Contents
- Clubhouse Statistics
- How Does Clubhouse Work?
Clubhouse's statistics are impressive. Below are the most important, up-to-date statistics about the application.
Number of Clubhouse Users
- Clubhouse has 6 million registered users as of February, 2021
- Clubhouse had 2 million weekly active users in January, 2021
- Clubhouse had 600,000 registered users in December, 2020
- Clubhouse had 1,500 users in May, 2020
- Clubhouse had 270 daily active users in May, 2020
Most Followed Clubhouse Accounts
Clubhouse may be new, but that hasn't stopped many people from acquiring more than one million followers. We've listed the most followed Clubhouse accounts below.
|Person||Clubhouse Handle||Followers (2/5/21)||Followers (3/5/21)|
Most Followed Clubhouse Clubs
As a Clubhouse user, you can choose to follow Clubhouse clubs. Clubhouse clubs are groups of people with common interests. Following clubs improves your ability to spend time on the Clubhouse app discussing and listening to your preferred topics.
|Clubhouse Club||Number of Clubhouse Members|
|Startup Club||175,000 members|
|Womxn in Business||151,000 members|
|OG Club||146,000 members|
|Instagram Marketing Secrets||120,000 members|
|Human Behaviour||119,000 members|
|Creative Executive Officers||112,000 members|
|The Hustler Club||101,000 members|
Clubhouse Application Downloads
Clubhouse's application has been downloaded millions of times. Here are the statistics on its download performance in the United States according to App Annie:
- Clubhouse has more than 8 million global downloads
- Clubhouse is currently the third most downloaded social networking application on iPhones
- Clubhouse is currently the 25th most downloaded iPhone application
- Clubhouse reached an all-time-high of number three on the iPhone social networking download list in December of 2020
- Clubhouse currently has 231,000 App Store ratings with a score of 4.9
At the beginning of December 2020, Clubhouse was not among the top 30 most downloaded social networking applications in the United States. Its popularity spiked starting December 10th. By December 23rd, Clubhouse was the third most popular iPhone social networking application in the United States.
Clubhouse has also become popular outside the United States. Its download rankings within the social networking category in other countries are listed below.
Clubhouse Business Valuation
Clubhouse has been around for less than one year, and is already valued at more than $1 billion. Here's a history of its funding rounds and valuation:
- Clubhouse is currently rumored to be raising another funding round that will value the business at $4 billion
- Clubhouse was valued at $1 billion in January, 2021
- Clubhouse was valued at $100 million in May, 2020
How Does Clubhouse Work?
Clubhouse is an audio-based social media application. Once invited, new users select a handle and set up a profile. This functions very similarly to Twitter.
The next step is to find and follow friends and other individuals. Once you follow other users on Clubhouse, you begin to see various events that are happening on the platform. You're able to join any public event as a listener.
Conversations in each room are managed by moderators. They control the individuals who are called up to the front of the room to participate in the conversation. Most participants leave their microphones on mute until called on by the moderator. To become a participant, listeners can raise their hand using the icon shown above.
There are multiple ways to discover events on the platform. This includes a calendar that showcases upcoming events:
You are also able to search for new rooms and events by topic. Popular topic categories include sports, entertainment, language, technology, wellness and arts.