Highest Rated Survey Software
Survey software is used by individuals, SMBs, and enterprises to create, distribute, and analyze surveys. Survey software can be used for quizzes, and a variety of questionnaires like for customer and employee satisfaction. Different survey software vendors provide solutions based on audience type and size, survey creation complexity, and data robustness.
SurveyMonkey is a robust survey software platform with over 17 million customers. It is best for those who prefer an all-in-one survey tool and need a wide range of survey distribution channels.
Jotform is a well-known survey software solution with over 2 million customers. We recommend it to those who need a user-friendly solution and prioritize design and workflow automation tools.
Google Forms is a free survey software tool with 46,000 customers. It is basic and very easy to use. We recommend it to beginners and those who do not need to make complex surveys and forms.
Survey Software Prices
Survey software prices range from free to $200 per month. Most small business pay around $50 to $75 per month for survey software. The details below will help you compare prices for the most popular all-in-one survey software platforms.
|Software Vendor||Starting Monthly Price||Free Trial||Subscription Add-Ons|
Survey Software FAQs
Survey software is software used to create surveys that collect feedback and information from a target group of individuals. They come with customization and design, workflow automation, and data reporting tools that not only help users create surveys, but also analyze their responses.
There are numerous benefits that survey software offers. This includes:
- Allowing users to create surveys faster
- Lets users create, distribute, and analyze data all in one platform
- Lets users distribute surveys more efficiently and faster
- Being more affordable than traditional focus groups and interviewers
The cost of survey software depends on the features you need. Plans with advanced features are typically more expensive. In general, you can find that survey software pricing ranges from free to $200 per month.
The best survey software for you depends on the features you need, and your function. The best software for companies that want an advanced system is SurveyMonkey. Google Forms is an ideal tool for companies who prefer a more basic solution.
The most popular survey software is SurveyMonkey. SurveyMonkey currently has over 17 million customers.
The most common electronic signature software features are:
- Question Creator
- Design & Customization
- Quiz Creator
- Link Distribution
- Email Distribution
- Response Management
- Workflow Automation
- Mobile Application
Why You Should Trust Our Recommendations
The team at SoftwarePundit has been testing software since 2017. We’ve hand-tested over 250 software products in that time, including five in the survey category. We applied the same rigorous process to each piece of survey software that we analyzed. The specifics of our survey category research process are outlined below.
Amy led our analysis of survey software. She has spent more than 400 hours evaluating leading survey software systems.
In addition, all research and content was overseen by Bruce Hogan, SoftwarePundit’s Co-founder & CEO. Bruce has more than a decade of experience researching, building, and reviewing the world’s best software products. His technology advice has been featured on a wide range of media sites such as AngelList, CMSWire, Dental Economics, iPhone Life, Reader’s Digest, Thrive Global, U.S. News, and the Zapier Blog.
How We Selected the Best Survey Software
We selected the best survey software based upon a number of criteria. The most important criteria were each software tool’s features, usability, price, and customer support. The details of our analyses are captured in the in-depth reviews we publish about each software tool.
There are a handful of critical features that you should look for in survey software. We prioritized the following features in our analysis:
- Survey Creation: The main feature of survey software is the survey creator. This lets you create questions, determine the logic behind your survey flow, design and customize your surveys, and turn surveys into quizzes.
- Survey Distribution: The more distribution channels you have, the more people you can share your survey with. The most popular distribution methods include link, email, and embedded HTML.
- Response Management: Survey software offers features that help you properly manage and determine how you receive responses. Some of these features include setting response quotas, and allowing participants to edit their responses after they’ve submitted them.
- Workflow Automation: Workflow automation helps eliminate repetitive manual tasks. In terms of survey software, this can include collecting email addresses and sending reminders for participants to complete your survey.
- Reporting: Survey software comes with reporting tools that let you analyze and visualize your data in manners that are most beneficial to you and your business. You should look for report types like summary, by question, and by participant and look for a wide range of data visualizations like bar graphs, and pie charts.
How We Evaluated Survey Software
We used the same rigorous process to evaluate survey software as all other software categories. For the survey category, Amy invested several weeks researching the market, testing out key survey features, and publishing her insights about the tools.
We interviewed the teams at the nine software companies listed above. Our conversations with the companies included questions about each company's product, the size of business each product works best for, pricing, customer support, and business strength. After a general interview, Amy spent additional time participating in a product demo led by each company. This provided Amy with the opportunity to ask detailed questions about the features and functionality of the survey software.
Amy signed up for free trials of each solution listed above to gain a deeper understanding of each survey tool. This allowed her to authenticate the features offered by each solution. She created sample surveys and spent several hours testing the survey creation, distribution, response management, workflow automation, analytics, and reporting features of each tool. She also downloaded the mobile app version of survey solutions to understand the mobile experience for document creators and signers.