SimplePractice and TheraNest are excellect products. In fact, we think they're the top two mental health practice management systems.
Overall, SoftwarePundit has a preference for SimplePractice over TheraNest. However, if you have a low number of active clients or prefer TheraNest's unique features, then TheraNest might be the better option for you.
|Ease of Use|
Table of Contents
- Which practice management system is cheaper?
- Key Feature Comparison
- Ease of Use
- What Do The Companies Say About Each Other?
- Bottom Line
Which practice management system is cheaper?
One of the biggest differences between SimplePractice and TheraNest is their pricing models. SimplePractice is priced per clinician. TheraNest is priced per active client.
Overall, TheraNest is cheaper for clinicians with a low number of active clients (less than 30), and more expensive for clinicians with a high number of active clients (over 100).
SimplePractice Pricing Details
Starting price for one clinician: $39 per month.
- Additional clinicians: $39 per month
- Credit card processing: 2.95% + 30¢ per transaction
- Coverage reports: $0.05 each
- Electronic claims: $0.25 per claim
- Telehealth: $10 per month per clinician
- Wiley Treatment Plans: $15 per month per clinician
TheraNest Pricing Details
Starting price for up to 30 active clients: $39 per month.
- Between 50-100 clients: $108 per month
- Credit card processing: 2.85% + 27¢ per transaction
- Electronic claims: $0.23 each
- Telehealth: $10 per clinician per month
- Wiley Practice Planners: $25 per clinician per month
- Text message reminders: $0.02 each
- Automated phone reminders: $0.05 each
- Client portal: $6 per therapist per month
Key Feature Comparison
We've evaluated the key features of both practice management systems. Read below to see our main takeaways and images of each feature captured during our demos.
Overall, the client intake flow in SimplePractice is slightly more streamlined. Adding a new client is very easy in both systems, and both systems allow you to send a welcome email that includes links to the client portal with associated intake forms.
However, SimplePractice's software walks you through these steps one after another. In TheraNest, you have to add a client in one part of the application, and then send the welcome email in another part of the application.
Here's a look at the client intake workflows for the two systems. The first screen is entering a new client's information, and the second is the new client's welcome email.
SimplePractice: New client info and welcome email
TheraNest: New client info and welcome email
Appointments & Scheduling
Creating appointments and managing your calendar is comparable in SimplePractice and TheraNest. The client portals of both systems allow clients to schedule, cancel and modify appointments.
There are two key scheduling-related differences between the two systems:
- Text and voice appointment reminders sent through TheraNest cost $0.02 and $0.05 each, respectively. They are free through SimplePractice.
- SimplePractice has a booking widget that you can embed on your website.
EMR, Plans & Notes
Both SimplePractice and TheraNest offer strong EHRs, plans, and notes. Both companies' software offers time-saving features such as drop-down ICD-10 codes and auto-fill text fields.
- SimplePractice offers a range of options: basic, advanced and Wiley Planners (for an extra cost of $15/month/clinician).
- TheraNest offers Wiley Progress Notes in addition to Wiley Treatment Plans (for $25/month/clinician).
SimplePractice: Progress Note
TheraNest: Progress Note
Billing & Invoicing
SimplePractice and TheraNest have strong billing & invoicing features. Both systems allow your practice to accept credit cards and manage payor billing and claims. They also offer time-saving features such as uploading your practice's common services and corresponding billing information.
Automatic credit card processing is one unique feature of SimplePractice. This feature runs client credit cards each night to save your team's time.
SimplePractice: Billing Main Dashboard
TheraNest: Billing Main Dashboard
SimplePractice and TheraNest feature robust client portals. The only major difference is that clients can access their TheraNest teletherapy appointments through any device, rather than having to log into the client portal.
In both systems, clients can use the portal to:
- Schedule appointments
- Reschedule appointments
- Cancel appointments
- Add payment and insurance information
- Send secure messages
- Complete intake forms
SimplePractice: Client Portal
TheraNest: Client Portal
SimplePractice and TheraNest both offer mobile applications to allow you to manage your practice on the go. Available features include:
- Manage your schedule
- Share, upload and manage documents
- Add and review progress notes
- Access client contact and payment information
- Process payments and view invoices
SimplePractice's app currently has thousands of ratings and a score of 4.7/5.0. TheraNest's app has 20 ratings and a score of 2.9/5.0. Additionally, SimplePractice has created a mobile app for clients to attend HIPAA-compliant telehealth sessions.
Ease of Use
SimplePractice and TheraNest are both well-design software products. Overall, they have far better design than many other mental health practice management systems.
With that said, SimplePractice is slightly more intuitive for multi-step flows such as client intake. In our tests, there were fewer instances where we felt lost using SimplePractice.
What Do The Companies Say About Each Other?
As the top two software companies in the market, it isn't surprising that SimplePractice and TheraNest have published articles comparing the two solutions. Links to their articles are below. While reading, it's important to remember to take these articles with a grain of salt, and understand that they might be slightly outdated since being published.
SimplePractice and TheraNest are both excellent software tools. They're our top two choices for mental health practice management and we recommend that all practices evaluate these tools when choosing a new practice management system. Your preference will likely depend on your active client volume and the tool that is a better fit with your practice's processes.