Legal practice management software allows law firms to operate more efficiently. Because there are a substantial number of legal solutions on the market, selecting the right system for you can be time-consuming.
In this guide, we compare CASEpeer versus Clio Manage to help you navigate the purchasing process. We offer a walkthrough of both solutions, and highlight differentiating features, to help you choose the best solution for your law firm.
CASEpeer and Clio Manage are legal practice management solutions used by many law firms. Both solutions allow lawyers to handle cases more efficiently and improve productivity. These features include contact management, a calendar, task management, and reporting.
- CASEpeer is ideal for personal injury attorneys that prefer working with a vendor that focuses on their practice area.
- Clio Manage is best suited for law firms that focus on multiple practice areas, or law firms that possess complex tech stacks that need built-in integrations and an open API.
When comparing the two, it's important to focus on the specific tools offered by each vendor, and the corresponding subscription price. Here's a quick test to determine which solution is best for you:
- You are a personal injury attorney
- You desire working with a software vendor that specializes in your practice area
- Text messaging is a must-have feature for you
- Your law firm focuses on multiple areas of law
- You require a solution that includes over 200 built-in integrations and an open API
- Online payments is a must-have feature
Table of Contents
- Comparison Summary
- CASEpeer & Clio Manage Price Comparison
- CASEpeer & Clio Manage Feature Comparison
- Bottom Line
CASEpeer & Clio Manage Price Comparison
CASEpeer and Clio Manage are subscription-based solutions that charge a monthly fee. When comparing the most commonly purchased subscription plans, CASEpeer is the more affordable option. CASEpeer charges $65 to $85 per user per month, and Clio Manage pricing ranges from $49 to $125 per user per month
CASEpeer Pricing Details
CASEpeer pricing ranges from $65 to $85 per user per month. Also, CASEpeer charges a one-time activation fee of $225 to $875 per account. Here’s an overview of CASEpeer’s pricing plans:
Clio Manage Pricing Details
Clio Manage pricing ranges from $49 to $125 per user per month. The company offers a 8% to 22% discount for annual contracts that are paid upfront. Here’s an overview of Clio Manage’s pricing plans:
- Starter plan: $49 per user per month
- Boutique plan: $69 per user per month
- Elite plan: $109 per user per month
- Suite plan: $125 per user per month
CASEpeer & Clio Manage Feature Comparison
CASEpeer and Clio Manage offer many of the same features including contact management, a calendar, task management, and reporting. Although there is overlap in their feature offerings, the tools found in these solutions cater to different types of customers.
- CASEpeer’s case management tools are specifically geared toward personal injury cases. Although Clio is used by many personal injury attorneys, this solution must be configured to best fit the needs of the law firm. In contrast, CASEpeer works well for personal injury attorneys out-of-the-box without additional customization.
- Clio Manage’s features can be used for multiple practice areas. Also, Clio Manage is far better suited for law firms with a complex tech stack, and offers numerous built-in integrations and an open API.
|Time and expense tracking||Yes||Yes|
CASEpeer's Unique Features
CASEpeer offers several features not found in Clio Manage. It's important to understand the features below to determine if CASEpeer is ideal for your business.
Personal Injury Practice Area
CASEpeer is one of the only legal practice management solutions that focuses on personal injury cases. As a result, the vast majority of CASEpeer customers are personal injury attorneys. If you are a personal injury attorney that wants to work with a software vendor that is familiar with your specific practice area, you should strongly consider CASEpeer.
Among all of CASEpeer’s personal injury-specific features, its medical treatment management tools are the most noteworthy. Without any additional configuration, CASEpeer allows you to track the client's health insurance, injuries, and previous surgeries. Additionally, you can store information about the medical providers that you interact with.
Two-way Text Messaging
CASEpeer is the only solution that includes native two-way texting capabilities. This allows you to send and receive text messages directly on the platform. Additionally, you can create a phone number for outgoing text messages. Conversely, Clio Manage does not offer built-in texting. However, you can integrate Clio with third-party solutions that include texting, like Apptoto, HeyMarket, and ZipWhip.
Clio Manage's Unique Features
Clio Manage offers several features not found in CASEpeer. It's important to understand the features below to determine if Clio Manage is ideal for your business.
Multiple Practice Areas
Clio Manage can be used for any legal practice area. This solution allows you to customize matter templates to best fit your law firm’s needs. In contrast, CASEpeer focuses on personal injury cases. In fact, about 90% of CASEpeer customers are personal injury attorneys. If you are not a personal injury attorney, or if your law firm focuses on multiple practice areas, Clio is the best option for you.
Clio Manage allows you to accept credit card payments from your clients. Clients can pay for invoices through payment portals that are accessed through unique URLs or the online client portal. In contrast, CASEpeer does not offer any built-in payment processing features in its platform.
Clio Manage offers built-in integrations with over 200 third-party software vendors. In contrast, CASEpeer integrates with less than 20.
Below are some of Clio’s unique integrations not found in CASEpeer. If these solutions are important to you, using Clio Manage will be a more seamless experience than CASEpeer.
Clio Manage is the only solution that offers an open API. Open APIs allow law firms to build custom integrations with Clio. If your law firm has a complex tech stack, Clio Manage offers far more flexibility than CASEpeer.
CASEpeer and Clio Manage are both popular legal practice management solutions that can help grow your law firm. Some of the best features found in these solutions include case management, contact management, a calendar, task management, and reporting.
The best solution for you will likely depend on your practice area and feature preferences.
- If you are a personal injury attorney that desires a solution that specifically focuses on your practice area, consider testing CASEpeer.
- If you handle cases in multiple areas of law, or require a solution that integrates with a complex tech stack, Clio Manage is best for you